15 February, 2021

A weekend of sort outs and rabbit holes

 This weekend has been an odd one. I've been steadfastly ignoring the fact that it's valentines day today (well it still is where I am - blogger seems to think it's Monday the 15th already). So instead I cleaned out my closet (at least some of it anyway). I spent almost an hour and a half just trying clothes on. I never realised I'd collected so many work outfits and working from home for almost a year means I really needed to cull a heap!

I still have more to go. My hanging space is jammed to the brim with more work outfits - some even from my previous job! It's been too long since I've had a good sort through. Many many years ago, I used to be a radio announcer (country stations only - never hit the 'big time') and one of the characteristics of that job is that you tend to move around a fair bit. Moving often usually means you tend not to collect too much stuff. I've been in this house for over 20 years now... there is just. so. much. stuff!


Eventually, I'm going to have to get my own place and move. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, I'm dreading it, to be honest. I want my own place but the whole idea is scary and the thought of moving all my stuff just makes my heart sink. Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm living in a constant state of being terrified of absolutely everything. Seriously, it's been almost 9 months since J left. When do I get to feel like a normal person again?


So anyway, to make myself feel a bit lighter, tonight I've fallen down the rabbit hole of classical music 'flash mobs'. My fave classical piece is Beethoven's 9th and that has led me down all sorts of classical paths. Not to mention giving me a large amount of musical talent envy. I've often wished I had the talent to learn the cello or was able to sing.

No comments: