13 March, 2021

A few quiet weeks...

 Not much happening lately. Chickie's had a wisdom tooth out. He's managing ok without much pain, thank goodness. Hopefully it stays that way and he recovers quickly. He's not the most adventurous eater, so finding soft foods that he'll eat is a challenge. 

The last few weeks, for me, has been what feels like a never-ending round of cleaning out stuff. There's just so much stuff!

I've cleaned out my wardrobe drawers, I've cleaned out my hanging space. I now have a huge bag of clothes to donate. Some of these things I've had for so long. I was looking at some old photos and found some with these clothes I'm getting rid of - some of them 15 years old! Uh yeah, probably about time to go.

I've cleaned out the cupboards under the bathroom sink, and I've cleaned out the cupboard under the kitchen sink. Again so. much. stuff! Oh and in the process, I spilled Brasso on myself (lid wasn't secured, I discovered). So... don't do that to yourself. It absolutely stinks. Plus it's near impossible to get the smell out of your clothes. I washed my clothes so many times and it just didn't help. Ended up having to toss that dress. At least it was on it's way out anyway (so old it was a bit thin in places).

I have no idea why we even had Brasso in the first place. I'm pretty certain we didn't have any brass to actually polish.


On the more fun side of things, Chickie and I went and saw a movie. In the cinema even! Feels like such a rare treat these days. We saw Penguin Bloom and I thought it was really good. If you go see it though, take a tissue or two. 

There were only two other people in the room when we saw it. I don't know how they're making money these days. I'll have to go again and see something else soon, I think. I did see that Raya and the Last Dragon is out now - that looks pretty good too.

The other thing that's been making me happy this week, is a song written by a YouTuber from the Netherlands, who goes by the name 'Music by Blanks'. He has a series where he writes songs with the help of his Instagram followers. It's kinda fun and he obviously has plenty of talent. This one was a roadtrip song and it's so catchy and makes you want to sing along with him. So have a listen!

No comments: