02 January, 2021

Nobody blogs anymore right?

Pretty sure no one does this anymore, so this can just be an online journal to get my inner turmoil out instead!

So it's been years. Lots has happened, but the tldr is that I'm now 54, J left me, Chickie is 18 and has officially finished school and my two kittys have passed on.

2020, aside from the whole pandemic thing, has been a totally sucky year. J and I had been having issues for a while but I thought things were better. Then early 2020, I could see something was up and I was unhappy about it. Chickie's 18th birthday happened mid-year and J moved out the first weekend afterwards. That's when I went from unhappy to full on miserable. I had a feeling, deep down, that that's what would happen, but it's not something I ever wanted. 

I've been thoroughly miserable for months now, but I need to stop it. I need to get on with things and not just hide away and hope it all gets magically better. I have to do and face things myself. I have to be a happier person. Otherwise, I'll end up a sad old lonely, crazy cat lady, I'm sure...

This is why I figured I'd post again. This is going to be my way of getting those feelings out and perhaps even keeping myself accountable to be positive where I can.

Bring on 2021 and a happier Caramaena.



No comments: