23 January, 2021

There's nothing like true friends

 So my birthday was last weekend. And the best present was 3 very special people who made me feel loved.

They surprised me with a girl's weekend away at a lovely B&B. I knew something was planned with 2 of them (S and C). I was asked to arrive at one friend's place and was told I could leave my car there and we'd go in the other friend's car. I figured we'd probably be staying at her place for the weekend and hang out. Turned out we ended up at another friend's house (K) to pick her up. That was a big suprise as I thought she was working and wasn't available! That was great as K often works weekends so catching up with her can be tricky.

Then we headed off to the B&B. I had no clue where we were going though. We arrived at this gorgeous house in a small town nearby. The place was amazing! So much space and so lovely. We brought some food, but honestly the place was so well stocked, we probably didn't even need to! It had just about everything.

First night we hung out and snacked while playing boardgames. It was just so lovely to hang out and chat. Then the second day we visited a nearby lavender farm, a chocolate factory and then in the afternoon we did a bit of op-shopping and then pampering (sheet masks, hand and feet 'masks'). Then dinner that night was at place nearby that did a set tasting type menu. The food was so good. Perfect serving size too - I left pleasantly full. So well done too - I discovered I do actually like gnocchi after all. Normally I find it too bland and stodgy but this restaurant did it so perfectly!

Then it was back to the B&B for more games and talking.

Sunday was a leisurely breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast and then we went and saw Wonder Woman 84.

It was just a relaxing weekend full of love and laughter. I'm so lucky to have friends who care.





These are a couple of shots I was playing around with, at the lavender farm. Something about the sun shining through the trees really appealed to me.

No comments: