02 July, 2009

Errmmm...

Should I be concerned? At work there's been three people diagnosed with swine flu - two of them in my team and one of those two sits at the desk next to me.

The first team member to be diagnosed found out last Friday, I think, and then the guy who sits near me let us know this afternoon (he's been off work the last two days). I've done some reading up and it sounds like there's a good possibility I've been exposed. I have a bit of a sore throat at the moment, but there's every chance that its just my inner hypochondriac escaping!

In other news, Chickie had his 7th birthday party and it went well. I had an initial panic with the RSVP's - only having a couple by the date I'd asked for replies. So I invited four extra kids (from our mum's group), one of those was a maybe due to a netball game (she ended up not coming) and another got sick the day before. All except one of the school friends that were invited ended up RSVP'ing yes. The one that didn't had his own birthday party at pretty much the same time (Chickie and at least one other of our guests were invited to that one too). Then at the party itself we had one that had RSVP'd yes, do a no-show. Not a problem in the end though, as one of the mums had brought her other child and they were going to go do some bowling while the party was going. So I invited her to be part of the party too. The kids had a great time I think.

Next year though - a maximum of three friends over for a sleepover I think. Or am I mad for thinking that I can handle four 8 year olds overnight?

4 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

I am terrified about sleepovers. I think day parties are a much better idea.

Stomper Girl said...

I don't think I could be nice to other people's children for that long.

Anonymous said...

holy heck. hope it is all okay

meggie said...

I am with Stomper. I was never a fan of the sleepover, & wish we had had the day party fast food things available.