10 April, 2006

long time no blog...

I haven't updated in a while. Not because nothing's been happening but I've not been in the right frame of mind. I was reading a blog recently that said you should aim to write something everyday. I think I'll try it and see :)

So, what's been happening with me lately??

One of the things that's happened recently, has been a visit from my mum and dad. They've visited a couple of times since Chickie was born but this is the first visit where I think he'll remember them. We were waving them off and as they drove out of the street, he looked up and said "I miss them, tell them to come back". It was a nice visit but I'm glad to be back to normal, as it were. I'm really a routine person and changes unsettle me - even if I love the changes!

I bought a pair of jeans in the next size down. I guess I can officially say I've dropped a dress size. I went to the doc's again today for my regular three monthly visit and I've officially lost 9 kilos since being diagnosed with diabetes. The doc's scales say i'm 76 kg's right now (mine say 77). I set myself a goal of being 75 kgs by Chickie's birthday in June. I may just make it!

I've been doing a jewellery class once a week. I've made a sterling silver ring (that started off as a strip of metal) and have almost finished a butterfly pendant. Half of the class have also finished making a bracelet as well, but I'm only at the stage of soldering up the links, so I doubt I'll finish that this term. I plan on doing the class again next term though, so I guess I'll finish it then. It wasn't originally what I thought it would be but I'm having fun. I've never used stuff like a jewellery saw, or blow torch or buffing machines before.

Work's work... I should post about that some day. Some of the people I speak to just baffle me sometimes. Some are so rude and horrible that you wonder how they get on in life! Thankfully those are the exception to the rule.

Okey dokey then... lets see how long I can last in this posting everyday thing then, huh?

No comments: