26 June, 2007

Arrgh!

Channel Ten's news just used the line 'The liberation of Paris" to describe Paris Hilton's release from jail. I'll bet they've been waiting for weeks to use that line.

Pardon me while I roll my eyes...

And what's with Sandra Sully's hair tonight??

Been a quiet couple of days in the caramaena household. Nothing really blog-worthy happening here. Saw Blades of Glory yesterday (typical Will Ferrell, liked it, don't leave as soon as the credits first roll), gave blood today and Chickie has his second school orientation visit this coming Friday. Will probably need some advice from other parents with school aged kids soon.

10 comments:

[] said...

Liberation? She's not Mandela, for chrissake!

meggie said...

If I have to see or hear one more thing about that vaccuous female, I will just go kill myself!
I refuse to listen or even watch.
Alan Jones is the Budgie i was hoping they will shoot. What has he got on who, to get a spot on Channel 9's morning 'news' show??
I am not a violent woman... but I could be!

caramaena said...

monicker - totally agree. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard them say it.

meggie - Alan Jones has got to have something on someone. He's too despicable to have gotten where is he on his merits.

Anonymous said...

Sandra Sully's voice is my nails on a blackboard. I can't stand her! Every year that goes by, her drawl gets more extreme. If she keeps it up much longer she'll only be able to fit three words in the news time slot. And don't let me start on Alan Jones. He's despicable.

Anonymous said...

the best thing we can all say is:
'who the hell is paris?'

Anonymous said...

I was more up-in-arms over the British Judge who felt children victims of sex crimes would be ok if their perps bought them all shiny new bicycles !!

Coz, YEAH, that makes it all better !

I reckon the jusde might have bought a few bicycles in his time, to have an attitude like this ...

Stomper Girl said...

And this is why I won't watch the news on a commercial station.

Is that scrag out of gaol, then? That went quickly.

Oh great One said...

Liberation. BAH!

The Phosgene Kid said...

I've got some advice for Chickie - stay in school as long as you possibly can, it doesn't get any better than that, believe me!!

caramaena said...

rofl kirsty and tracey!

That's disgusting, isn't it h&b. I could not believe that story.

stomper, the late news is typically the only tv news I see. I refuse to have it on when Chickie's around. I don't think news broadcasts are suitable for kids his age.

ogo - crazy huh?

phos - sage advice there.