14 August, 2007

Cool!

Do you happen to listen to Triple M (if you're an aussie) in the afternoons? If so, you might have heard a friend on the show. One of my mum's group friends has been voted our state's 'hottest mama' in a radio competition. She was over the moon when she called me - particularly since the prize was $1000. She did say she's kinda glad that her hubby entered her now!

Next week she'll be running against the winners of the other states for a chance at $5000. It'll be a website vote, so if I find out the link I'll post it, in case you can spare a vote.

Funnily enough, I talked to my sister (in a different state) tonight and she said she heard my friend's chat and thought that she seemed to be the only one who didn't sound 'up herself' and was planning on voting for her - even before she found out we were friends!

12 comments:

Melinda said...

She's have to be cool to be YOUR friend, wouldn't she? :) Get that link up and I'll vote (will American votes count?)

Is it sync'd yet? said...

Who cares if we count, hot mammas!



Gnat.
.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Missed that show, damn. Good luck, though!!

Stomper Girl said...

Triple M? What's the criteria for being the hottest mamma? Forgive me for sounding suspicious but that is a very blokey radio station. But yay for your friend.

LBA said...

I'm suss too :)

I hope she doesn't get a nasty shock when she has to wear a wet
t-shirt to win :) ..

Anonymous said...

What was required to enter her?
Is it just voice (because it is radio). $1000 would be nice!

Erica Ridley said...

LOL, that's pretty neat! So, she won the $1000, right? And might get another $5000? Definitely post a link when you get one so we can skew the odds in her favor. Mua ha haa! Mua ha haaaaaa! =)

caramaena said...

melinda - no idea if ppl outside australia will be able to vote but I definitely put the link up, if she sends it to me.

gnat - lol! If you go to the site and have a look at some of the galleries, there are varying ideas of the term 'hot'...

phos - hehe. She'll take all the good luck you can spare, I'm sure.

stomper - I must admit I don't listen because it is a very blokey station. I think the winner is just based on the number of votes.

h&b - lol! So far as I can tell, it's just a pic and that's it.

tracey - just a picture, I think. Though, because she's our state winner she did get a short interview.

erica - thanks for visiting :) Yes, she's won $1000 so far and another $5000 is the prize when all the states go up against each other. I'm sure she'd love to have the odds skewed as much as possible!

Oh great One said...

How cool is that?! Goes to show mammas can be hot too!

The Phosgene Kid said...

It's called WWW up here because as you know, everything down there is upside down.

caramaena said...

ogo - it's actually quite a boost to her ego, which she kinda needed.

phos - lol! It's obviously still too early in the morning for me because it took me a moment to get that!

High Power Rocketry said...

I am an aussie in the afternoons.