03 August, 2006

Dear dieters

How do you keep your cravings in check?

I have type 2 diabetes, so I need to eat a balanced diet, eat healthy, eat small portions often, leave the junkfood alone... blah, blah, blah

What do you do when you just don't feel satisfied?

I'm in a mood tonight, I think. I'm not hungry but I'm not feeling satisfied by what I'm eating. I'm a bit sick of healthy food tonight too. Fed up to here (picture me with my hand waving around eye level) with vegetables. What I feel like is a pack of plain potato Tasty Jacks or paprika flavoured Pringles (it's probably a good thing they don't make these anymore, I think - I loved them!). By the way, the reviewer on both those links didn't really think much of either of these items - but they're my favourites anyway.

So, I'm obsessing over food tonight. Feeling in crunchy, salty kind of mood. An 'mmmmm.... potatoes' kinda mood. I've had to make do with a handful of salted cashew nuts. Again yummy, but not exactly what I'm craving.

I'm sure I never thought this much about food - well, junk food - before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I ate it sure - but obsess, nah...

What to do about the cravings then huh?

No comments: