20 August, 2006

Spending lots of money!

I've been on a bit of a spending spree this weekend. The weather's been great here so I finally succumbed to the shops' displays of new clothing. I bought myself two pairs of capri pants and a crinkly type shirt - the sort you twist up to dry and don't iron (heh, that's my type of shirt!).

I also bought a new pda. My old Palm Tungsten E is about 3 years old and it's been great. I use it a lot. Unfortunately it's developed a high pitched hum/buzz when turned on, the screen is losing sensitivity and, this week, I've noticed the button to turn it on is dodgy, taking quite a few presses to actually get it to turn on. I figured I'd better sync it and upgrade.

So, I did a bit of thinking about what I wanted in a pda, did a bit of research and came up with... the Palm Tungsten E2. Yep, pretty much the same thing as before. I bought it, it's just what I want. I'm happy.

I can't help but wonder if this means I'm a bit resistant to change, though. Not only have I just bought the newer version of the pda I've had for the past three years, but I did the same thing a few months back with our microwave (ours was on the way out, we had a look around and settled on one in the right price range with all the features we wanted, got it home and it's the same model as our old one - just updated).

I know I don't welcome major change, but perhaps I'm a little more entrenched in my ways than I thought.

7 comments:

ThirdCat said...

It's not entrenched...if you're on a good thing, stick to it. It just means you made a good decision the first time.

Anonymous said...

My Tungsten T3 serves me well too.

Avloomat said...

had my Zire71 since 2003... has never failed me...

High Power Rocketry said...

I still dont have a pda! I am so old school, pen and pad style.

My float said...

You probably chose well the first time!!

I do the same thing. I'll generally stick to Sony for sound and tv stuff, Nokia for phones, Nike for shoes etc. I guess it's just that we're happy with the product itself, it's just that we want to upgrade.

Thanks for visiting today!

Kerri. said...

Hi there! I just came across your blog via a comment you left on another blog - nice to have found you!

I write the diabetes blog Six Until Me. and would love to add you to my blogroll. There are a number of people with diabetes who are blogging and I try to link to every one I can find.

... and as a sidenote, I definitely don't have a PDA. I feel like I'm in the dark ages. :)

-- Kerri.

caramaena said...

Heh, good to have some opinions that I'm not stuck in my ways. Good to see lots of Palm users too!

Alex and Kerri, I couldn't do without my pda now. I used to rely on a diary but I kept losing it! I think the price of the pda does tend to sharpen my memory so I don't misplace it :)

(not to mention I do have quite a few games on it - very handy for wasting... errr filling in time!)