22 December, 2006

Only two things left on the 'to do' list.

  1. Christmas present shopping - tick!
  2. Put the tree up - better do that tonight
  3. Grocery shopping - tomorrow (oh that's going to be fun)

I can't believe I'm this close to Christmas and I've only just finished the present shopping. Why on earth do I always leave it this late? Next year, I will be more organised, I swear!

Ok, ok, I say that every year, but next year I'll have to be. I'll have most of my family (if not all) coming to visit/stay, and there's no way in the world I want to be out present shopping with everyone here. Hopefully that will be enough of an incentive!

Chickie's much better. Thanks for all the well wishes. He had a very lazy day watching tv or sleeping. I can't believe I managed to convince him to have a nap - mind you it helps when the power goes out for a couple of hours in the thunderstorm (yes, it rained, and quite a bit too). He didn't eat much - half an apple, some vitawheat crackers with vegemite and a couple of bites of watermelon, which is very different from usual. By the end of the day he said he was 'a big daddy bit better and a little baby bit sick'. Fyi - that's how he asks for juice - a big daddy bit of juice and a little baby bit of water.

And luckily, whatever it was doesn't seem to be contagious. Both J and I appear to be fine. Perhaps it was something he ate, a bit of heatstroke or something. I'm also very glad it didn't happen Sunday. That wouldn't have made for a very fun Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

velcro said...

I'm glad to hear that the Chickie is feeling much better, just in time too. Hope that it's not contagious and that you and J stay well over the christmas period.

your check list is the same as mine. Still have to put the tree up, ice the cake, put the decorations up, and do the shopping for the actual meal. Ughhh.

Unknown said...

Why do people put their tree up so late in the season? We have always put ours up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I don't really understand why some people save it for Christmas Eve.

I'm glad everyone is healthy at your home!

caramaena said...

charm - we put the tree up a bit earlier usually but we just got so busy.

I put it up much later than most though because I have two curious cats. No sooner had I put it up and Chickie had decorated it, than one decided to have a bit of a chew on the branches.