26 November, 2006

all excited!

I'm all excited this morning. In a few hours time I'll be on a helicopter - using my joy flight gift voucher. I've never been in a helicopter before.

It's funny, I caught up with a friend on Friday night and she called me a dark horse. Apparently I don't seem like the dare-devil type. I have to admit, I don't feel like I'm a dare-devil. I have been tandem sky-diving, gliding, had a joy flight in a tiger moth plane and had a balloon ride, in the past few years but I just figure the fact that my friend is a bit afraid of heights is the reason she thinks I'm a dare-devil.

I did the balloon ride in August 2004 and I was looking at the pics again recently. I may put some pics up of it later. The views from the balloon were spectacular. Here's a teaser...


Oh and if by any chance, you were wondering how the night out on Wednesday was - it was lovely. I had Rabbit and Pork Terrine to start, Spiced Lamb for mains and Triple Chocolate for dessert. The food was mostly really nice, particularly the Rabbit and Pork Terrine - I've never had Rabbit before. The only thing I was disappointed in was one of the pieces of lamb. We were given 3 pieces of it and two were melt in the mouth delicious, but the other piece was gristly and fatty (of course, that happened to be the last piece I tried, so it disappointed me a bit). The dessert was heavenly! White chocolate custard, chocolate mousse and a rich chocolate tart. Since I took my blood glucose levels before dinner (I was feeling a bit weird) and saw a 10 (180), I figured I'd better go easy. So I only had half the tart and a spoonful of the custard. I ate all the mousse though (yum!). Good thing though was that about an hour and a half afterwards my levels were 4.7 (84.6).

It was very strange not to have Chickie there for the night. He apparently had a great time with his grandparents though. I think he really missed us, because he's been telling me he loves me and that I'm the best mum ever, a lot in the last few days (and yes, he's said similar things to his dad too).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helicopters are really loud :-( I went in one when I was 6 for a joy ride and it scared the bejezzers outta me...

Good luck!

caramaena said...

Chickie was desperate to come with us but I thought it better not to take him. He's only 4 still.

I figure if he's still interested when he's older, it'll be a good excuse to go again ;)

velcro said...

wow. I've always wanted to go up in a balloon but never had the chance, and a helicopter ride would be fantastic.

Am glad to hear that your night out was a success and that Chickie was fine without you

caramaena said...

Both the balloon ride and helicopter ride were heaps of fun. If you do ever get the chance to go up in a balloon, take it. It was brilliant.

I might try to get the photos of the balloon ride up today.

Unknown said...

Same thing with the helicopter as a balloon....no freakin way man! I'm glad that you had fun though....adventurous people deserve to have a blast for their troubles. Your dinner sounds delicious but Im not sure I could eat Thumper....I'm glad you, J and Chickie survived the evening apart!