05 September, 2007

A better day today

because it's J's birthday! It's not been a real exciting day for him though. He took today off work but still had to go to TAFE this afternoon (he's studying computer programming). At least he had a relaxing morning. Hopefully we can do something special this weekend.

Chickie's not feeling so great though. Looks like he's got a cold, poor thing. I thought it might be allergies at first, since I've also had a bit of light hayfever lately, but no, I think it's a cold. He looked quite wrung out today.

As for me... I've organised to have a 4 day weekend next week. I'm feeling the stress a bit at work so decided I needed a bit of down time. I can't wait!

12 comments:

tracey petersen said...

happy birthday to J.

Hope Chickie is better soon.

Melinda said...

Humming happy birthday song. Poor Chickie.

A four day weekend!! I'm excited and it's not even MY four day weekend. It's like the lottery... I'm planning what I would do with the currency of extra time.... even though I didn't win.

Stomper Girl said...

Happy birthday to J and I hope you all recover soon. Taking a 4-day weekend is a great idea, recharge those batteries.

Oh great One said...

Happy Birthday to J!

Four day weekend? Bliss.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Rest is the best cure for a cold. Hope you all are felling better! Tough to eat birthday cake if you can't breathe!!

meggie said...

Happy Birthday J!!
Hope Chickie's cold is a false alarm!

ingridviola said...

Nice blog!

Gnat of Glass said...

amen. 4 day on holiday.

How to keep your life straight and not start to hate.



Gnat.
.

Jay Cam said...

Care to trade links? mine is http://jaysmoney.blogspot.com

If you want to trade post my link and then contact me back and I'll post yours!
Thanks!

The Phosgene Kid said...

My worst day off is better than my best day of work!!

R2K said...

Happy B day J

caramaena said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for J :)

Chickie's all over his cold now too.

jay cam - will check out your page.