13 September, 2007

feeling relaxed

Day two of my 4 day weekend and I'm feeling a little tired. Well, playing World of Warcraft til 3am will do that I guess - even if I didn't have to get up at any particular time (I got up at 9 anyway since I was awake). Killing virtual monsters is quite therapeutic!

I'm feeling quite relaxed, knowing I don't have to go into work. Guess the stress was getting to me. Even my blood sugar levels are lower on waking. The last 3 or 4 weeks they seem to be in the high 7's in the mornings (it's meant to be around 5.5), no matter what I did the night before - hard workout, snack before bed, no snack before bed, lowering the carb levels at dinner. Yet yesterday and today - 5.6 and 5.7. I need to win a lottery and become independently wealthy. For my health, don'tcha know...

Hmmm... what to do now... perhaps a nice relaxing bubble bath? I figure I've earned it since I've just done a workout on the exercise bike.

Oh and I'd just like to say that Nori Wasabi flavoured peanuts are delish and very addictive (not to mention quite hot!). Very good when you have the munchies but don't want to go overboard - I can't really have very many at a time.

12 comments:

Zazzy said...

Sounds like a day well spent. Enjoy the rest of your break :-)

Tracey Petersen said...

I'll pass on the peanuts thanks. The sleep in sounds ok!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Wasabi peas are great too!! I like running around in Grand Theft Auto whacking innocent bystanders to death with a golf club. I must enjoy it too much because Mrs. Phos won't let me buy that driver I have had my eye on. Ok, so I don't play golf, is there a law against owning a club??

Melinda said...

I love a good peanut! Our favorites here in the south, USA are BOILED! They are salty and soft and yummy! A true delicacy. Does that gross you out? Most people who did not grow up eating them do not like them.... I guess it's our version of escargot.

I'm glad you're de-stressing!

Oh great One said...

My hubby can sit up playing video games till 2 or 3 in the morning and still go to work! I'm an old fuddy duddy and need my sleep!

KindaBlue said...

Wasabi peanuts - what a marvellous idea!

The Phosgene Kid said...

I had some chipotle cashews - good stuff... You have to love food that bites back!

Is it sync'd yet? said...

Mini hates when I play vids. I actaully gave them up a couple years back. Besides I don't have the time anymore....wish I did...I do miss them a bit.


Gnat.
.

meggie said...

Sounds like a really well deserved rest! Good for you!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Ok, enough rest, back to the blog!!!

High Power Rocketry said...

Please join me for a caption contest:

Send in your edited cartoon and-or vote on the work of others.

R2K

Sean said...

i like the wasabi peas. i'll try the peanuts, thanks!