28 July, 2006

Can money buy serenity?

Perhaps...

Once a month I have a day off on a Friday (I work Sundays instead). So Chickie's at childcare, J's at work and I have the day to myself.

Today I slept in, cleaned the bathroom/toilet (they sparkle!) and went to the movies. I saw the Lake House with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. It was sweet - I'm a sucker for chickflicks (heck, I'm a sucker for a clean-shaven Keanu too, hehe).

Last thing I did was have a massage. 45 mins of relaxation - well sorta... I've had problems with my left knee. If you read back a bit, I've been on anti-inflammatories, I've had x-rays and at least it's not an arthritic problem, but no one really knows what it is. It started as a sore muscle down the outside of my left knee but the docs have said both my knees were swollen (I haven't had a noticeable problem with my right knee though). After a lot of weeks I'd say it's about 85-90% back to normal. Much better than it's been but still gives out on me occasionally and aches if I do too much with it.

So the massage therapist concentrated a bit on my leg muscles and hoo boy, I thought I was going to jump off that table a few times! After a bit, he sprayed something called cold spray on it and got right in there. I have to say it feels so much better! In fact my left knee feels better than my right. He says it's the illio-tibial tract that seemed to be giving the most reaction. Hopefully I've spelled that correctly since I'm off to google it in a moment.

As I was heading out of the building I saw one of the guys I work with. He said I was looking very serene. So, I guess money can buy serenity - well at least for a while ;)

No comments: