25 July, 2006

I shouldn't have said anything!

A while back I commented on this post about dreams on Sean's blog. My comment was that I don't remember my dreams. So last night - I had a dream I remember.

It was more a nightmare really. I don't really remember much. Something about someone snatching Chickie and wanting to hang him. I grabbed Chickie and curled my body around him to protect him while J fought off the bad guy with an axe.

I feel sick at the thought of someone trying to hurt my Chickie, and this dream's been on my mind all day. So, I looked up a dream dictionary to see if there's any meaning behind it. This is what I found at Dream moods:

  • To dream of being abducted, indicates that you are being controlled by your circumstances or by someone. To dream about witnessing an abduction, foretells of unexpected news.
  • To watch a hanging in your dream, represents your feelings of insecurity. Consider also the image as a pun for something in your life which you have left hanging or unfinished.
  • To dream that you are protecting someone, suggests that you are putting up an emotional wall or barrier between you and others around you. Consider who or what you are protecting for clues as to what aspect of your own self you are afraid of letting out and letting others know.
  • To see an ax in your dream, indicates that you are overly controlling. It is symbolic of destruction, hostility, and the frustrations that you are experiencing.

So what does all that actually mean? I'm overly controlling and put up a barrier between myself and others? I'm also insecure, have unfinished business, and I may be getting some unexpected news?

I don't know... the dream was pretty unsettling, is all I know.

No comments: