16 July, 2006

Stubborn kid

When Chickie gets his mind set on something - that's it. There is no changing it. Like his Marvin the 'Marshman' thing.

Today he was watching the Smurfs on Boomerang (paytv channel here in Aust.) and some skeleton warriors appeared. Chickie said 'look mum, sketelons'. I tried to correct him saying 'ske-le-tons' and he's going 'no mum, it's ske-te-lons'. Saying it syllable by syllable back to me in a very insistent way. After a while I just gave up.

He's always been like this. Even when he was younger and just learning to speak. J's parent's had bought a new fridge that beeped if you left the door open. They showed me how it beeped and Chickie looked up and said 'truck!'. I explained it was the fridge, but no, he wasn't having any of it. Eventually he came up to me, put both palms on my cheeks so he could look me in the eyes and said, very forcefully 'truck'.

The teenage years are going to be very interesting, I think...

No comments: